Artikkelen var så bra så jeg putter den inn her også:
Higher Education – 12 things you might not have learned in the classrom.
Really educated people….
- Establish an individual set of values but recognize those of the surrounding community and of the various cultures of the world.
- Explore their own ancestry, culture, and place.
- Are comfortable being alone, yet understand dynamics between people and form healthy relationships.
- Accept mortality, knowing that every choice affects the generations to come.
- Create new things and find new experiences.
- Think for themselves; observe, analyze, and discover truth without relying on the opinions of others.
- Favor love, curiosity, reverence, and empathy rather than material wealth.
- Choose a vocation that contributes to the common good.
- Enjoy a variety of new places and experiences but identify and cherish a place to call home.
- Express their own voice with confidence.
- Add value to every encounter and every group of which they are a part.
- Always ask: “Who am I? Where are my limits? What are my possibilities?”
Denne listen er plukket fra John Taylor Gatto sin bok «Weapons of Mass Instruction» (New Society Publishers, 2009). Spørs om ikke den må på bestillingslisten…